Less than two weeks to go before I’m flying to St. Petersburg. I still have a ton of editing and writing to finish. I also have to work on new subjects for new lectures.
I’m sure I will be working on these presentations on the plane. In the meantime, I’m trying to get a better idea of what to expect in St. Petersburg.
Some travel prep notes:
- Travel Document Systems e-mailed my Russian Visa. Woot! It was an adventure trying to apply for a visa at the Russian Consulate in San Francisco. I’ll blog more about it – soon.
- I bought a new battery for my MacBook at the Apple Store in San Francisco
- I borrowed some international converter plugs from Suzanne. I guess I’ll see which one works in St. Petersburg.
- I’m learning some Russian phrases thanks to the one-minute lesson podcasts by Radio Lingua.
- My bedtime reading is the Lonely Planet Guide to St. Petersburg.
As for the voting….Both bears got NEW votes in my poll to see who get’s to go to Russia.
Andre: 2 votes
(Andre says Scott is the coolest bear in San Diego. Andre also thanks Aaron. Coolest bear in Sac Town)
Now…Andre wants to take his travel plans into his own paws….
ANDRE: THANK YOU SARA O FOR COOL BEAR IDEA. ALSO – LOUIE DOESN’T EAT DEER. GO FIG. ANDRE EAT DEER. ANDRE EAT STEAK. ANDRE EAT BEER.
ANDRE: HOWEVER, LOUIE LIKE BOOKS. LOUIE LIKE BOOKS A LOT.