My entry for this week’s Travel Theme: Meeting Place.
Posts Tagged ‘Montreal’
My mind is wandering. I am ready for another travel adventure. Anywhere but here. Some place sunny.
St. Petersburg was quite lovely in September. My Russian colleagues thought I needed a heavier coat when it rained. The wet weather balanced out with the balmy last days of summer, melting into autumn.
A hallway of statues inside the Hermitage.
This sculpture reminded me of the “Thinker.”
It was a pleasure to explore the city and everyone was quite nice. Servers humored my attempts to order “en français.” (They responded in English to make sure they got my order right.)
I’m ready for a vacation!
This is my entry for the Travel theme: Statues.
Share and Enjoy
BUFFALO – One more bite of Buffalo wings at the Anchorbar inside Buffalo International. We’re flying back to California. I can’t wait to pick up Daisy.
I enjoyed our New York and Canada trip. We spent a couple of days eating our way thru Montreal.
- We explored the Latin Quarter, Little Italy and Old Montreal.
- We ate breakfast at Marche Jean-Talon. We did a picnic of oysters, samosas and cider next to the oyster counter at Boite Aux Huitres.
- We took a boat tour of Old Montreal Port. Rocky waters on the St. Lawrence Seaway thrilled me.
- We passed by closed boutiques and gay bars along Rue Sainte-Catherine.
- I prayed a couple of Hail Marys at Basilica Norte-Dame.
- We indulged in poutine in what some call “fast-food heaven” – La Banquise.
I wanted to stay in Montreal for another week. I loved it!