My entry for this week’s Travel Theme: Meeting Place.
My mind is wandering. I am ready for another travel adventure. Anywhere but here. Some place sunny.
St. Petersburg was quite lovely in September. My Russian colleagues thought I needed a heavier coat when it rained. The wet weather balanced out with the balmy last days of summer, melting into autumn.
A hallway of statues inside the Hermitage.
BUFFALO – One more bite of Buffalo wings at the Anchorbar inside Buffalo International. We’re flying back to California. I can’t wait to pick up Daisy.
I enjoyed our New York and Canada trip. We spent a couple of days eating our way thru Montreal.
- We explored the Latin Quarter, Little Italy and Old Montreal.
- We ate breakfast at Marche Jean-Talon. We did a picnic of oysters, samosas and cider next to the oyster counter at Boite Aux Huitres.
- We took a boat tour of Old Montreal Port. Rocky waters on the St. Lawrence Seaway thrilled me.
- We passed by closed boutiques and gay bars along Rue Sainte-Catherine.
- I prayed a couple of Hail Marys at Basilica Norte-Dame.
- We indulged in poutine in what some call “fast-food heaven” – La Banquise.
I wanted to stay in Montreal for another week. I loved it!