My Medill buddy Sara hanged out with us one weekend. She whipped up this tasty, hearty veggie dish that her mom made back in the day. I’m terrible with transcribing Spanish, but I do know it translates into Zucchini and Corn.
I made the white rice with our handy rice cooker.
To recap, Sara used the following ingredients:
- 2 cans of tomato sauce
- a couple of cubes of chicken bullion, microwaved with water
- 2 zucchinis, chopped up
- chopped up onion (about 1/2)
- 1 can of corn (or you can boil your own)
- A handful of oregano
- A little bit of whole milk
- 2 slices of American cheese
The tomato sauce tied the fresh veggie flavors together. Sara’s right, the whole milk and the cheese added a lovely creamy texture to the mixture. I loved how it all tasted over white rice.